Every pharmaceutical company aims to grow its business with outdoor sales, but as with any industry, this sector also faces challenges. The pharma industry, therefore, looks for support from technology to overcome its difficulties and overcome hurdles in the competitive market. An active and productive field sales force is imperative to thrive in the challenging market scenario.
The pandemic to has contributed to the automation of the sales process with help of software applications. As for the pharma industry, continuing digital transformation has accelerated productivity and growth.
Field Force Automation improves performance
Technology has helped companies automate their field sales processes in different ways. Field force management software in the pharma industry is playing an important role in tracking field employees, in everyday activities, and in enhancing the work culture. Field force automation helps Sales Managers track in real-time the field sales executives by location, client visits or customer meetings, and much more. It comes with useful features like a remote attendance log, in-app communication, data entry, order processing, and more. It helps to optimize routes, schedules, and plans for the field sales executives, besides monitoring and tracking them in the field.
Benefits for Pharma companies
- The gaps between the field executives, sales managers, and effective sales operations are bridged by the field force management software by better sharing of info, monitoring, and tracking with GPS tech. It saves time too for all stakeholders.
- The automation of field sales tasks increases the chances of more lead conversion and improves the quality of the sales strategies, streamlines the sales process and helps in sales planning.
- Field force management software helps better communication within the sales team. It helps allocate daily tasks and targets based on sales reports generated by the sales team. The app gives access to all customer data and sales analysis required by the field employee to work effectively.
- Updated Daily Sales reports generated with the field force management software, helping field employees in many ways. They can use the data reports generated to track and sort out payments pending from customers to simplify tasks.
- Automated reports help in the right time follow-up to improve sales and conversion. The system would be able to focus on the individual customers with relevant data and history retrieved from the database, at the same time tracking orders and available stocks.
A pharmaceutical company should adopt efficient field force automation software to improve the performance and productivity of the sales force and marketing managers. The application will enable better engagement between field employees and field managers, enable interactive communication, improve trust, and improve revenue, besides assisting in territory and order management for the pharma company in a competitive marketplace.