A web-based mobile field service software will support service teams anywhere by gathering data from assets directly on issues to fix remotely or to fix it ‘first-time right’ at the site.
There is an increasing trend in adopting remote services and many field service & sales organizations have already embraced this methodology. The advancement of technologies has also enabled this methodology.
In recent year the has seen many turbulence in it economic operations and as a response to this more organization have adopted such solution and found its positive benefits.
Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics system.
One of the major benefits of a remote diagnostic tool is the ability to enhance the triage process for managers to assign the right job in priority to the right person. Therefore, when a customer typically calls to report an issue, they may not be specific or clear about the fault. This does not help in fault identification but the tool can be useful as remote diagnostics will be able to get related information or data from the machinery directly for analysis and evaluation in real-time.
Advantages of the online system.
- This data obtained will help the staff at the help desk in an office in fault diagnosis and determine whether a site visit is required or a voice or video engagement.
- Even when service personnel goes to the site, they will be in a far better mind to expect what they are going to face.
- The customer in turn gets their product or asset up and running much faster via this process, thereby increasing the first-time fix rate which is a critical KPI for organizations.
- Modern diagnostic tools have the ability to harness the data from the assets at the site via the IoT devices and integrate it into a cloud environment for further use.
- Another advantage is this system can reduce the training period and efforts of the field service engineers or executives.
Remote diagnostics software has one part to support the remote assistance team who can simply log in to the application to help the customer. The other part is for data analytics to help diagnose a problem. Data can be used for the predictive analysis required for maintenance and interventions, to reduce downtime and get better uptime of the assets.
Catering to trends and changes in Customer Preferences.
The present disruptive events and the global crisis have brought about the new normal (considering the post-Covid19 situation) affecting the future. The role of IT, the internet, and wireless technologies have taken a critical role currently as part of a digital platform to engage all stakeholders.
Field Service/sales Management software has come to play an important role. In the context of social distancing and remote working the software has become preferred by organizations and customers. This falls in place with the trend in digitization and virtual workplaces.
Limiting visits and improving Remote Engagement is possible by using software for remote diagnostics. It can reduce the physical visits of field service executives and is a tool for collecting valuable data that also helps in preparation for voice or video sessions prior to a visit. More businesses are now adopting this methodology.
Know more about our mobile field force solution from our website. For better understanding, you can also request a demo from our team at Trinetra iWay.