A Field Service System that’s integrated into a web-based software, generates data to support metrics and analytics for managers to monitor field executives working anywhere, helps to automate tasks and streamline work for higher efficiency and growth.
Businesses and enterprises are pursuing the digital transformation drive going on across the world and field services are no exception to this digitization process led by the IT industry. Applications with Data Analysis and dashboards are used to discuss metrics and analytics for business development.
Data & Analytics offer Insights
In-depth field service analytics tools are available to even small independent service business owners. Field service team analytics and the abundance of data and insights help to leverage and improve business operations and profitability. When choosing your mobile field force management software, you need to focus on some key metrics to monitor and manage your field service teams and their tasks or jobs.
By monitoring these metrics using your application that works on mobile devices, you can get to know the operational inefficiencies happening and take steps to rectify them which will drive a positive impact on profitability. A field service team management system is the main tool for data gathering and analysis.
Internal & External Metrics
Analytics can define and reveal crucial metrics and it offers transparency into every aspect of the operations in the business. The field service team management software can gather data to improve job allocation, follow-up, updating, and team performance. This transparency can help to correct deficiencies and improve the revenue streams.
The idea of creating both internally focused and externally focused performance measurements or metrics is actually important. For instance, jobs per day, problem resolution time recorded and customer satisfaction index will show the strength of the field force management system’s metrics.
Studies have revealed benefits of the use of analytics and metrics in field force automation software –
- An increase in technical team efficiency
- Improvement in cost tracking for profitability
- Higher dispatching and scheduling efficiency
Some key performance metrics that help improve your service team management are as below –
- Average response time. Monitoring puts the goals against the average number of service tickets closed. Estimating the average response time can help fix up more service tasks into a workday.
- First-time visit success rate. Your service team member should ideally complete the job or task in one visit and not multiple times for the same issue for better productivity. Dispatch the right person for the job with the right data to improve this metric.
- Average time to complete job/task. Measuring the average time your team needs to complete an entire service job cycle is important. This performance metric will help you to analyze the service team’s workflow and also help to improve efficiency and handle payments/invoices with minimal paperwork.
- Monitor repeat visits. This metric helps you to count the repeat visits done for a job within a set timeframe. A high rate actually calls for reviewing how you dispatch and schedule personnel to a job or the skill set required.
- Service Contract uptime. The percentage of problem-free operation time of your installed equipment covered by the maintenance contract, against the number of service calls, will indicate whether you need to re-examine installation or quality of supplied parts or any other discrepancy.
- Cost per lead. This is determined by dividing the total number of sales leads, including the canceled ones, by the volume of closed sales achieved. If the percentage is low, it is time to review your sales or marketing practices.
- Customer retention. Retaining the number of customers you gain is an important metric. It reflects the growth of the customer base and repeats business. A long-term study on feedback will reveal steps to keep customers happy and will probably give you references.
- Tracking growth. All the metrics you record help to measure your business’ KPI (Key Performance Indicators). Tracking this data will help your growth, simultaneously reveal areas for improvement to help achieve goals profitably.
To understand more about our mobile field force solution browse through our website. Get a better perspective of our products and also request a demo. Our Trinetra iWay team will be glad to assist you or help to partner with you.